BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering
- Tution Fees : €10,250.00
- Application Fees : €0.00
- University : Waterford Institute of Technology
- Course Duration : 4 Years
- Academic Course Level : Level 8
- Location : Waterford City
- Scholarship : Please fill the inquiry form
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
WIT welcomes applications from candidates who have completed studies at higher level at another institutions and who wish to transfer onto a degree programme at WIT.
To qualify for consideration an advanced entry applicant must:
- Satisfy the undergraduate requirements
- Provide a certified copy of all academic transcripts with detail the subjects you studied and grades awarded
- To enter a taught masters programme, you should have an honours degree in a related subject.
To undertake a postgraduate programme by research, you should have the following:
- A good honours degree
- A pass degree, plus a graduate diploma or masters degree in a related subject.
Engineering, Health Sciences & Science 5.5 IELTS (minimum of 5 IELTS in each component)
Business, Education & Humanities 6 IELTS (minimum of 5 IELTS in each component)
Engineering, Health Sciences & Science 6 IELTS (min of 6 IELTS in each component)
Business, Education & Humanities 6.5 IELT (min of 6 IELTS in each component)
Why do International students choose to study at WIT?
• The cost of living in Waterford city is favourable compared with that of Dublin or Cork.
• A reputation to deliver: WIT has been educating achievers for more than 40 years and will continue to do so long into the future. It provides a wide range of vocationally oriented courses, which lead to internationally recognised awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. WIT now confers its own awards at all levels from Higher Certificate to PhD.
• The Sunday Times University League Table has ranked WIT number 1 for graduate employment for the last four years and also voted it “Institute of Technology of the Year 2009/2010”.
• WIT has strong links with industry and employers and many of its courses involve work placement.
• A friendly place to study: Campus life is friendly, relaxed and social with small classroom teaching helping students to learn quicker, integrate faster.
• Waterford city is a lively, fun, challenging and safe place to study, and to live. Waterford City is located within easy access of the beaches and coastline of the South East, giving students excellent recreational opportunities.
• Waterford has a regional airport with flights to the UK and continental Europe.
• A sporting life: The college is renowned for its sporting prowess, most notably on the hurling pitch, but also across a broad range of sports and clubs to suit just about every whim and fancy.
• A modern campus: Providing the best education in the best possible facilities is a key aim at WIT and the Institute has invested heavily in its facilities for students over the last number of years. In its four campuses across Waterford city, recent developments have included the state-of-the-art Tourism & Leisure Building, Library Luke Wadding, Walton ICT Building, Student Restaurant & Gallery, Nursing & Health Sciences Building, St Dominic’s Complex, ArcLabs Research & Innovation Centre, Irish National Biodiversity Records Centre and WIT Corporate Headquarters. Other projects in the pipeline include the Architectural Studies Building, Engineering & Science Building, Business & Enterprise Building and Student Services Building. Phased development of the 150-acre Carriganore Campus to include academic, residential, sports and catering facilities is well underway.
• WIT is regarded as one of the top centres in Europe forTelecommunications software development and research.
|60% in Class 12 and IELTS 6.0 overall with no band below 5.5.|
|Graduates from this program may find employment in fields such as: Pharmaceutical Industry, Medical Technology, Process Control and Plant Automation, Power Generation, Renewable Energies, Semiconductor Fabrication Industries.|