You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
is a stimulating and challenging business function concerned with the
collection, analysis and reporting of..
Tution Fees: €10,250
The BA (Hons) in Criminal Justice Studies is a three year degree course designed to equip the student with general knowl..
This is a four year degree course, which prepares students for employment in the advertising and design area.The course ..
The BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies is a three year course of study. The course is designed under four important ac..
During the first semester of year 3, students are required to complete a placement organised by the college in a hospita..
An important part of success in international business is
an ability to interact effectively with people from other cul..
The interdisciplinary nature of this course caters for students who are considering entering the employment market and w..
Marketing is responsible for customer relationships and
communicating with customers. Marketing involves researching cu..
The BA (Hons) in Music is a four year full-time degree which aims to give the student a well-rounded third level music e..
This is a 4 year level 8 course of study designed to prepare students for professional careers in Social Care ..
The BA (Hons) Social Science is a multi-disciplinary three year course. In times of rapid social and economic change, th..
The three year BA (Hons) in Tourism Marketing is designed to provide learners with the theoretical and practical skills ..
The ab initio four years Honours Degree in Visual Art at WIT has been informed by the latest developments in art theory ..
It is a 5 year honours degree course, designed in accordance with national and international guidelines on architectural..
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) makes available to you a wide range of Humanities and Social Science subjects in a course..
This four-year full-time course offers you a broad range
of business skills combined with a thorough knowledge of the f..
Electrical Engineering is the study of Electricity, its generation and distribution, Electronics and Electromagnetism. T..
The BEng (Hons) in Electronic
Engineering is a full-time, four year, honours degree course of study that can
This is a broad area focusing on the design and development of products and processes. Mechanical engineering has ..
Civil Engineers are increasingly working to achieve safe and sustainable development in a cost-effective, environmentall..
The Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Sustainable Energy Engineering is a full-time, four year, honours degree course of..
This is a four year, full time honours degree. The modules in this course bring together science, business, enterprise a..
Architectural and BIM Technology is an innovative approach to the integration of traditional architectural technologist ..
The purpose of the course is to prepare students for a career in the areas of agricultural science and agri-business. Gr..
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) is a state-funded third-level institution situated in the city of Waterford, Ireland. The Institute opened in 1970 as a Regional Technical College and adopted its present name on May 7, 1997.
WIT is the major provider of higher education in the South East region of Ireland and one of the largest IOT's in Ireland. It has six Schools and 16 Departments. The Institute has 4 campuses: Cork Road, College Street, West Campus (Carriganore), the Applied Technology Building and the Granary.
It is an autonomous Higher Education Institution operating within the Irish National Qualifications Network. The awards from WIT are recognised worldwide and graduates of the Institute occupy senior positions in major companies in Ireland, the EU and further afield.
The range of academic programmes is exceptionally extensive, ranging from Higher Certificate right through to post-doctoral research and covering the Humanities, Health and Nursing, Science and Informatics, Engineering and Architecture, Business and Education
There is a thriving research and postgraduate community in WIT. Many of the researchers have a high profile in both the national and EU community of academics.
It is committed to excel in all aspects of its activities which include educating the next generation leaders through their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes; producing highly creative and industry-ready graduates; developing internationally connected research and innovation eco-system; and evolving the unique model of stakeholder engagement which has had the real impact on their economy.
WIT has formal academic exchange and research partnerships with over 40 universities worldwide. These range from the old established Universities such as Oxford, Trinity College Dublin, and University College London to newer technological universities such as Budapest University of Technology and Nanjing University of Science and Technology.
In addition WIT has very close relationships with industry & commerce, the professions and the public service for research, consultancy, student and graduate placements etc. A culture of entrepreneurship and innovation is fostered at all levels in the organisation. This can be illustrated by one year enterprise platform programme offered to graduates by the School of Business.
Engineering, Health Sciences & Science 5.5 IELTS (minimum of 5 IELTS in each component)
Business, Education & Humanities 6 IELTS (minimum of 5 IELTS in each component)
Engineering, Health Sciences & Science 6 IELTS (min of 6 IELTS in each component)
Business, Education & Humanities 6.5 IELT (min of 6 IELTS in each component)
WIT welcomes applications from candidates who have completed studies at higher level at another institutions and who wish to transfer onto a degree programme at WIT.
To qualify for consideration an advanced entry applicant must:
To undertake a postgraduate programme by research, you should have the following:
The excellence of the accommodation for students is one of the reasons for WIT’s great popularity with International students.
There is a good supply of high quality student accommodation in Waterford City. This varies from private residential self-catering in houses or apartments to on-campus WIT student residences. Students are advised to reserve their accommodation as early as possible before their arrival in September to ensure that they secure a place.
The accommodation office manages over 1500 bed spaces in various locations throughout the city. The accommodation office can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
WIT Campus Accommodation is like a home away from home. Purpose built and fully equipped, the environment is safe and pleasant; ideal for living and studying. Each group of three or four apartments shares a living room and a kitchen. All apartments are fully furnished and equipped, and crockery and cutlery are supplied.
WIT Campus Accommodation operate a self-catering list which offers a variety of off campus housing options for WIT students.
The accommodation office also has a list of home stay accommodation. Contact the office via their email address for this list.The accommodation office also has a list of home stay accommodation. Contact the office via their email address for this list.
The WIT Campus accommodation team can assist you with making a choice but where you live is a personal decision.
Please be advised Manor Village or College Fields cannot accommodate students who wish to stay for only one semester/half a year i.e. September to December/January. However Roncalli House can accommodate one semester students. College fields is ideal for students who wish to be near the Main Campus, especially for those involved in out of hour's activities such as sports. Manor Village is located close to College street campus, but with a free bus service each morning and afternoon, getting to the Cork road campus couldn't be simpler. If you hope to work during your time at WIT, Manor Village is located close to the city centre.
Why do International students choose to study at WIT?
• The cost of living in Waterford city is favourable compared with that of Dublin or Cork.
• A reputation to deliver: WIT has been educating achievers for more than 40 years and will continue to do so long into the future. It provides a wide range of vocationally oriented courses, which lead to internationally recognised awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. WIT now confers its own awards at all levels from Higher Certificate to PhD.
• The Sunday Times University League Table has ranked WIT number 1 for graduate employment for the last four years and also voted it “Institute of Technology of the Year 2009/2010”.
• WIT has strong links with industry and employers and many of its courses involve work placement.
• A friendly place to study: Campus life is friendly, relaxed and social with small classroom teaching helping students to learn quicker, integrate faster.
• Waterford city is a lively, fun, challenging and safe place to study, and to live. Waterford City is located within easy access of the beaches and coastline of the South East, giving students excellent recreational opportunities.
• Waterford has a regional airport with flights to the UK and continental Europe.
• A sporting life: The college is renowned for its sporting prowess, most notably on the hurling pitch, but also across a broad range of sports and clubs to suit just about every whim and fancy.
• A modern campus: Providing the best education in the best possible facilities is a key aim at WIT and the Institute has invested heavily in its facilities for students over the last number of years. In its four campuses across Waterford city, recent developments have included the state-of-the-art Tourism & Leisure Building, Library Luke Wadding, Walton ICT Building, Student Restaurant & Gallery, Nursing & Health Sciences Building, St Dominic’s Complex, ArcLabs Research & Innovation Centre, Irish National Biodiversity Records Centre and WIT Corporate Headquarters. Other projects in the pipeline include the Architectural Studies Building, Engineering & Science Building, Business & Enterprise Building and Student Services Building. Phased development of the 150-acre Carriganore Campus to include academic, residential, sports and catering facilities is well underway.
• WIT is regarded as one of the top centres in Europe forTelecommunications software development and research.
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) is committed to attract high calibre students from around the world. To this end, it offers a wide-range of scholarships to students from a number of countries (NON EU, fee paying Students only), in line with strategic international priorities.
Please be advised your eligibility for one of its scholarships will depend on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family need. International students who may qualify for scholarships are still expected to demonstrate the ability to cover a significant percentage of the cost of their education.
Please note that in order to apply for an International office scholarship, you must be in receipt of either a full or conditional offer of a place on one of their programmes. If you do not have a full or conditional offer, your scholarship application will not be processed.
Waterford Institute of Technology(WIT) is a state-sector, university-level college situated in the city of Waterford, Ireland. The Institute opened in 1970 as a Regional Technical College and adopted its present name on May 7, 1997.
• WIT received more than €100 million in research funding over the last ten years, making WIT an attractive choice for students.
• WIT has six Schools and 16 Departments. The Institute has 4 campuses: Cork Road, College Street, West Campus (Carriganore), the Applied Technology Building and the Granary.
• It provides a wide range of vocationally oriented courses, which lead to internationally recognised awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• It operates within the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland (NQAI) and has delegated authority from NQAI to award its own qualifications within this framework. The qualifications from WIT are aligned with the European Credit System (ECTS).
• WIT currently caters for over 10,000 students of which 6,500 are full-time and over 4,000 are part-time. There is a rapidly growing community of international students.
• WIT has formal academic exchange and research partnerships with over 40 universities worldwide.
• In addition WIT has very close relationships with industry & commerce, the professions and the public service for research, consultancy, student and graduate placements etc.
• Waterford City is located within easy access of the beaches and coastline of the South East, giving students excellent recreational opportunities.
• WIT is regarded as one of the top centres in Europe for Telecommunications software development and research.
Fees vary in range of 10,250 - 12,500 Euro annually.
Cost of Living
Precisely how much you will need will vary depending on where you are studying in Ireland, on the type of accommodation you choose and, of course, on your own personal lifestyle. But, on average, we estimate that a student will spend between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 2131
Country Rank : 10
World Ranking : 2131
Country Rank : 10
Main Campus Cork Road, Waterford City Co. Waterford, Ireland