You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
Economics, as part of a joint options combination, will
appeal to you if you enjoy keeping up with current affairs and ..
Tution Fees: €19,123
If you are a person that combines creative imagination and analytical rigour; if you are a good observer; and if you are..
Tution Fees: €15,358
University of Limerick delivers an Arts Degree which is flexible and wide-ranging, offering 19 subject..
Tution Fees: €11,500
Do you enjoy speaking languages and finding out about the countries in which they are spoken?Are you also interested in ..
Tution Fees: €11,423
You are interested in crime and the operation of the criminal justice system. You would like to work in law enforcement,..
There is no ‘typical’ European Studies student. The main qualities that you need for success in the field are;A healthy ..
If you wish to develop your knowledge of business while learning about the influence of politics, law, history and socio..
You should enjoy writing and already be involved in writing in some way, preferably through local newspapers, local radi..
The Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Accounting may constitute an approved law degree for the purposes of taking the entranc..
If you are a musician, singer and/or dancer and wish to develop your performance skills and knowledge of your practice a..
If you are the type of person who is interested in investigating the reasons behind why people behave the way they do, a..
The Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) programme will provide you with a broad business education. You will study the co..
Are you a person who:Is interested in pursuing a career that can really make a practical contribution to helping people ..
This new Electronic and Computer Engineering degree has been developed in conjunction with industrial employers, to meet..
Why Study Medicine at UL?UL’s BM BS Graduate Entry Medical Programme is open to graduates from any discipline. It has a ..
Tution Fees: €41,000
Are you attracted to the world of aircraft and aviation? Would you like to work in the booming Aircraft industry with ou..
The main aim of the course is to give you the skills to take projects from design to reality. The course will provide yo..
If you are the type of person who enjoys working with horses and are motivated by the business and science behind the ho..
Tution Fees: €16,328
Financial Mathematics is a great choice for someone who likes maths and wants to work in the business, financial or bank..
This B.Sc. programme in Food Science and Health prepares graduates for careers in Ireland’s largest industry. About 40,0..
Are you interested in providing a vital, caring service to women and the community during the life-changing event of chi..
Tution Fees: €10,500
Are you interested in working within a team? Are you interested in helping people? Are you a good listener and have qual..
If you are a person who enjoys working with people, are creative and have good communication skills, interested in socia..
Are you interested in working with people who are experiencing mental health problems and helping them towards recovery?..
The University of Limerick (UL) located in Limerick, Ireland, was established in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick and became a university by statute in 1989 in accordance with the University of Limerick Act, 1989. The university was the first university established since the foundation of the State in 1922, followed later the same day by the establishment of Dublin City University.
The University of Limerick (UL) is an independent, internationally focused university with over 11,000 students and 1,313 staff. The University has a proud record of innovation in education and excellence in research and scholarship.
UL offers 72 undergraduate programmes and 103 taught postgraduate programmes across four faculties: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education and Health Sciences; Kemmy Business School; and Science and Engineering.
The university is situated on a splendid riverside campus of over 131 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point. The University of Limerick campus is located 5 km from Limerick city centre and 20 km from Shannon International Airport. The campus is in both County Limerick (South Bank) and County Clare (North Bank).
Adjacent to the University is the National Technology Park (NTP), Ireland's first science/technology park (142 hectares), which is home to over 80 organisations employing almost 3,000 people. There is a close interaction between the National Technology Park and UL.
UL has an established network of over 1,700 cooperative education employers, and 2,000 undergraduate placements are secured annually in industry, commerce and the public service.
The university has gained a reputation among Irish schools for excellence in academics, innovation and course organization. It houses the renowned Irish Chamber Orchestra and the Irish World Music Centre. Students have free access to excellent university sports facilities (the largest indoor sports complex in Ireland), as well as the opportunity to join university clubs. The university supports over 70 social and athletic clubs that provide wonderful opportunities to get to know local students. Students are housed in on-campus student villages with both foreign and Irish students.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a composite score in the range of 6.5 and not less than 6 in any one component for entry to degree programmes in the Faculty of Science & Engineering
composite score in the range of 6.5-7 and not less than 6 in any one component, for entry to programmes in the Faculties of Business, Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences and Education & Health Sciences.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
• An equivalent qualification to the Irish Leaving Certificate or A levels (UK system).
• Standard XII examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Metro State Boards or Indian Council School Examinations (ICSE), including English, another language and mathematics, with first-division/class standing and a statement of marks for Grades X, XI and XII with a minimum of 70%.
• Particular programmes may require specific subjects.
Taught Postgraduate Entry Requirements
• A four-year or three-year honours degree in a relevant discipline from a first-level university. First-division results are required with a minimum overall grade of 60%.
• Particular programmes may require an interview and/or work experience.
Live on Campus and enjoy the Best of Campus Life
The University of Limerick has 6 purpose built village-style residences on the campus which offer high quality accommodation for an all-inclusive fee. There are no extra bills to worry about. All villages on campus are professionally managed with a residential manager on site and a full maintenance team on hand.
Living on campus is one of the best ways to enjoy university life. You are close to all activities, from lectures to sport, to social life. You make great friends who last a lifetime. Each student has his/ her own room ensuite in attractive six bedroom modern apartments or sharing bathroom facilities in cosy 8 / 6 / 4 bedroom terraced houses. The locations are excellent, close to all amenities. Most villages have a communal centre where a programme of activity is organised for students throughout the year which include arts events, dance, music, information evenings, games tournaments and social evenings. These can also be used for group study and student organised events.
Campus residences offer a great opportunity to meet new friends from all over the world. They also offer an excellent study environment providing adequate privacy in well-designed single study bedrooms with high speed internet included.
1st years: On campus accommodation is a very good option for 1st years. An allocation of rooms is held for incoming first year students and are available online from January. Rooms are offered on a first come, first served basis. Thereafter, online applications are waitlisted. Reserve your on- campus accommodation online at http://www.ul.ie/campuslife
• The oldest is Plassey Village, situated opposite the university's main gate. This accommodates 424 students in terraced houses consisting of eight bedrooms and a kitchen/living area.
• Kilmurry Village is the second oldest student village and is located in the east of the campus. It accommodates 540 students in six bed-roomed, terraced houses. It is the closest village to the University Arena.
• Dromroe Villageis located on the south bank of the River Shannon. The first with high rise accommodation, it houses 457 students in six bed-roomed ensuite apartments.
• Thomond Village comprised the first university buildings to be located on the north bank of the River Shannon, in County Clare. It has accommodation for 504 students in six, four or two bedroom apartments.
• Cappavilla Village is the newest student village, in close proximity to the new Health Sciences Building.
Troy Village (off-campus): Located in the Groody area of Castletroy, this village is a 15-min walk from the main UL campus. It offers 3, 5 and 6 bedroom apartments.
Students who have not secured on-campus accommodation, or who do not wish to stay on campus, are advised to arrive one week prior to orientation to view off-campus accommodation.
A wide range of off-campus accommodation possibilities are available. The accommodation office will assist you in finding suitable off campus accommodation
NB It is important to note that the University can take no responsibility for the condition of these properties and advises all students to visit the properties and to read all agreements carefully in advance of signing tenancy agreements.
Important: There is no need for students to book off campus accommodation unseen as there are many houses in the locality. It is easy for students to view off campus accommodation in mid August prior to the beginning of term.
Elm Park, College Court, Briarfield and Oaklawns are popular estates with a large cohort of student residences. Troy Student Village, Courtyard and Brookfield Hall are three privately managed student residences located slightly further from the campus, however it is served by a shuttle bus service.
Students interested in living with an Irish family may be interested in lodgings ‘digs’. This type of accommodation may be culturally rewarding in terms of integrating into Irish family life, and improving language competence. The accommodation office will assist you in finding lodgings ‘digs’.
Why do International students choose to study at UL?
• The University of Limerick has an unrivalled reputation for working with industry leaders. A six-to-eight-month internship (Cooperative Education) is an integral part of all academic undergraduate programmes.
• The University has one of the largest Cooperative Education Placement programmes in Europe. UL has one the highest employment rates for its students in Ireland. Its graduates currently enjoy an employment rate that is 8% higher than the national average.
• With a graduate employment rate that is consistently higher than the national average, UL’s graduates find employment in all sectors of the economy. In 2011, over 85% of UL graduates successfully gained employment or chose to continue with further studies.
• UL is Ireland's only university to achieve 5 Stars for "Employability" of graduates and for "Teaching" in the 2011/12 QS Stars reports. It also received 5 Stars for "Infrastructure", "Internationalization", "Innovation", and "Engagement".
• UL has been voted by international students throughout seven Irish universities as number 1 for providing the best student experience and support as well as the warmest welcome.
• Ireland's leading university in industry-led research.
• Unique Campus Experience- Campus-based University, including 5 modern residential villages on site, one of Ireland’s most beautiful campuses. Students are housed in these villages with both foreign and Irish students. These opportunities allow international students to truly integrate as a part of the UL campus during their stay.
• The university houses the renowned Irish Chamber Orchestra and the Irish World Music Centre.
• Ireland’s Sporting Campus– There are excellent sporting facilities at the UL arena, including a 50 metre swimming pool, boathouse and the largest outdoor sports complex in Europe. The University is the only college in Ireland awarded the maximum 5 stars for sports facilities.
• Support Network–The First Seven Weeks programme at UL is an orientation programme designed to provide strong, enhanced and targeted support to students during the very early weeks of their time at UL.
• The university supports over 70 social and athletic clubs that provide wonderful opportunities to get to know local students.
• Award winning Erasmus programme– The European Commission has selected the University of Limerick as an Erasmus Success Story for 2009 and 2010.
• Extensive choice of modules- Students can choose modules from across all faculties to fulfil major, minor and/or general education requirements.
• Field trips and student events- The International Office organises a number of off-campus activities each semester. These include a special Thanksgiving dinner in the Fall and organised trips to Dublin and West of Ireland tourist attractions.
Faculty of Science and Engineering Scholarships
A number of generous merit-based scholarships are available to full-time non-EU postgraduate students in the Faculty of Science and Engineering for the 2018/9 academic year. Eligible postgraduate students will be considered for a scholarship worth a €2,000 to €4,000 reduction in tuition fees.
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships worth up to €2000 are available to full-time Non-EU undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. These scholarships are based on academic merit and students who submit an application for a scholarship programme will be automatically considered. Courses in the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance are not included in this scholarship initiative.
Kemmy Business School International Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships worth €1, 500 are available to postgraduate international students in the Kemmy Business School for the duration of their one-year programme.
Kemmy Business School India Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships worth up to 25% of tuition fees are available to postgraduate Indian applicants to the Kemmy Business School at the University of Limerick for the 2018/9 academic year. These scholarships are available to Indian applicants only and are based on academic merit.
UL Aircraft and Airworthiness Engineering Scholarships
The ‘UL Aircraft Maintenance & Airworthiness Engineering Scholarships’ will be awarded to high achieving students at the time of application. Scholarships will account for 25% of the annual tuition fees. UL is currently accepting applications for this unique programme and students are encouraged to apply early.
Jim Kemmy India Scholarship
Kemmy Business School ‘Jim Kemmy India Scholarship’ for undergraduate Indian students. This generous scholarship is worth approx. €3, 423 (students will only pay €8, 000 tuition fees per year) and will be available to students for the 4 years of the Degree programme (providing progressions rates are reached).
UL Progression Scholarship
This Scholarship awards EU fee status to Non-EU fee-paying UL students who wish to progress to a Master Degree course at UL. This scholarship is only available to Non-EU fee-paying University of Limerick students who successfully complete their four year Bachelor Degree programme at UL, prior to receiving a Master Degree offer at UL.
The University of Limerick (UL) located in Limerick, Ireland, was established in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick and became a university by statute in 1989 in accordance with the University of Limerick Act, 1989. The university was the first university established since the foundation of the State in 1922.
• UL offers 72 undergraduate programmes and 103 taught postgraduate programmes across four faculties: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Education and Health Sciences; Kemmy Business School; and Science and Engineering.
• The university is situated on a splendid riverside campus of over 131 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point.
• The University of Limerick campus is located 5 km from Limerick city centre and 20 km from Shannon International Airport.
• The campus is in both County Limerick (South Bank) and County Clare (North Bank).
• Adjacent to the University is the National Technology Park (NTP), Ireland's first science/technology park. There is a close interaction between the National Technology Park and UL.
• The University’s Co-operative Education programme, one of the largest in the European Union, allocates all students with an 8-month work placement as part of their degree. This was the first such programmes in the state.
• The European Commission has selected the University of Limerick as an Erasmus Success Story for 2009 and 2010.
• The University is the only college in Ireland awarded the maximum 5 stars for sports facilities.
• Professor Don Barry, a graduate of Yale University, is the current president of the university, having been appointed in 2007.
• The University recently celebrated its 40th anniversary with a week of events including a live performance by The Coronas, a photographic exhibition and guided tours of the campus.
Fees vary from course to course. Some course Fees starts around 10,500 Euro initially .
Cost of Living
Precisely how much you will need will vary depending on where you are studying in Ireland, on the type of accommodation you choose and, of course, on your own personal lifestyle. But, on average, we estimate that a student will spend between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 665
Country Rank : 6
World Ranking : 665
Country Rank : 6
National Technological Park Limerick, Limerick, Ireland