You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
If you are interested in why some families are more prone to disease and how to use biotechnology to produce drugs and o..
Tution Fees: €24,800
Geology is the study of the Earth: the nature and origin of materials that make up our planet and the natural and energy..
German is the most widely spoken first language in Europe, and, in economic terms, Germanys strength is undisputed. Stud..
Tution Fees: €19,200
In today’s world, where language skills are growing in importance, Italian is an exciting language to study. Not only wi..
Language is something we take for granted but it is one of the most important skills we possess as human beings. It is h..
Art History is for you if you are interested in any or all of the different aspects of visual culture: painting, sculptu..
Tution Fees: €18,700
Economics explores how ordinary people, consumers, business people, public servants and politicians make decisions, and ..
Study English at UCD if you are an enthusiastic reader, talker and writer, and love literature. Strengthen your understa..
Study English with Drama at UCD if you are an enthusiastic reader, talker and writer, and love literature and drama. Str..
Media literacy is a vital 21st century skill and the cultivation of such literacy stands at the centre of this degree pa..
As a bridge between the natural and social sciences, Geography as a discipline is ideally placed to develop flexible and..
Knowing what happened and why is essential in life. Studying History at UCD provides you with the skills necessary to un..
International Languages combines advanced language skills with the literature, history and culture of the countries wher..
If you are interested in both the built and natural environment, and how human actions affect the environment, a degree ..
Tution Fees: €24,200
If you have a questioning attitude and good reasoning skills you will really enjoy the world opened up by psychology. Ps..
Are you interested in thinking for yourself? Do you like problem solving? Do you want to tackle some of the most challen..
The study of politics examines national and international political institutions, systems and forces. These include gove..
If you are interested in people, you will be interested in studying sociology – its study of society and social life see..
Spanish is a truly global language, spoken by more than 400 million people around the world.Taught through interactive l..
Cell & Molecular Biology is the study of cells and the molecules that combine to form them. This includes their phys..
Celtic Civilization enables students to form an overview of the history, literature, language and culture of the Celts o..
If you enjoy studying Mathematics and you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the UCD BAFS (Hons) degree ..
This degree focuses on sustainable management of natural resources (plants, animals, air, soils and water) in agricultur..
University College Dublin (UCD), Founded over one hundred and sixty years ago, is a distinctively Irish university but with global impact. Ranked in the top 1% of universities world-wide, UCD is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities where undergraduate education, postgraduate masters and PhD training, research, innovation and community engagement form a dynamic continuum of activity.
Established by John Henry Newman whose classic work The Idea of a University is one of the most enduring texts on the value of higher education, and a source of inspiration for UCD’s current educational philosophy, UCD is Ireland’s global university – the ‘University of First-Choice’ for Irish students and the ‘University of Destination’ for the largest number of international students coming to Ireland.
The university places great emphasis on the internationalisation of the Irish student experience – preparing all UCD students for future employment and life that crosses borders, boundaries and cultures, strive to give students a holistic education, instilling in them a desire to learn and create, to question and reason, to innovate and ultimately, to contribute to society at all levels, nationally and globally.
The international standing of UCD has grown in recent years; it is currently ranked within the top 1% of higher education institutions world-wide. UCD is also Ireland's most globally engaged university with over 30,000 students drawn from over 120 countries, and includes 5,500 students based at locations outside of Ireland. The University's main Dublin campus occupies an extensive parkland estate of more than 130 hectares and offers world-leading facilities including the UCD O'Brien Centre for Science, UCD Sutherland School of Law, UCD Lochlan Quinn School of Business and UCD Student Centre.
English Language Requirements
Teaching in Irish Universities is normally through the medium of English, therefore all applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language. Applicants must provide evidence of equivalent competence in English language through a recognised English language test, as outlined below.
• Your English language certificate must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree course.
INDIA Standard XII
• English 80%
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
• An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
Some courses require a higher level of English language competency. Please check with the relevant UCD School.
Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Radiography, Physiotherapy, Health & Performance Science, Sport & Exercise Management, Psychology, Actuarial & Financial Studies, Quantitative Business: Business Analytics, Economics & Finance
Applications will be considered on a case by case basis
In addition to Standard XII Average 95%, one year of a Bachelor degree programme (Average 60%) is normally required
Engineering & Architecture, Human Nutrition, Veterinary Nursing, Biomedical, Health & Life Sciences , Business, Law & Commerce
Commerce (Average 85%) and Engineering (Average 80%) will consider applications on a case by case basis
Science, Computer Science, Agricultural Science, Animal Science – Equine, Dairy Business, Food Science, Economics, English, Film, History, International Languages, Social Science
BA Degree, English with Drama, Music, Planning Geography & Environment, Forestry, Horticulture & Agri-environmental Sciences
Average is calculated on best 5 recognised subjects
In addition, please note that the equivalences shown are the minimum required to be eligible for consideration on a competitive basis. Entry requirements are reviewed on an annual basis.
Certain subjects may have additional requirements . For instance mathematics . Please refer university website for details.
Holders of Bachelors and Masters Degrees with good grades from competitive and well ranked universities and colleges can be considered for entry to graduate degrees at UCD.
Taught Masters – Academic Entry Requirements
The normal requirement for entry to a taught Master’s Degree programme is a second class honours degree in a relevant subject.
Research Masters - Academic Entry Requirements
The normal requirement for entry to a Research Master’s Degree programme is a second class honours degree in a relevant subject. In addition course work and examinations may also be specified by the College at entry; normally these have to be satisfactorily completed in the first year of a Master’s degree programme.
Please refer to the relevant School or programme for more specific information on entry requirements for your chosen programme.
PhD Programmes - Academic Entry Requirements
To be eligible to enter one of UCD’s PhD programmes, a candidate must have reached a high honours standard at the examination for the primary degree. In some cases, a Master’s degree may also be required. In certain cases, a candidate may be able to provide other evidence to the School in order to satisfy the entry requirements of the programme.
It is recommended that applicants interested in research at Masters and PhD level should, in the first place, read the information available on the UCD website.
Secondly, applicants should review the website of the relevant School and College to ensure they are fully informed about the research objectives of the academic course concerned. Prior to submitting an application it is essential that candidates make contact with potential supervisors.
UCD has on-campus accommodation available for over 3,000 students in halls of residence, catered and self-catering apartments. Accommodation consists of a single bedroom with options of both private and shared bathrooms. Places are limited so unable to guarantee accommodation to all international students.
First year undergraduate Non-EU international students are guaranteed a room in UCD Residences.
International graduates who have applied to courses at UCD will have received information from the International office on booking accommodation. Graduate students should refer to the email that they received from UCD International.
If you have not been allocated a room in the student residences on-campus, or if you would rather live off-campus, you can contact the UCD Residences Off-Campus Office or the Student Union Accommodation Services for advice on off-campus options. Check out the UCD student accommodation search engine website also.
University College Dublin is ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide.
• Established in 1854, the University has over 160 years of tradition.
• A research-intensive institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching.
• UCD is Ireland's most popular University for international students with more than 5,000 international students (30% of international students in Ireland study in UCD). Currently, students from 127 countries are enrolled.
• The International Student Barometer Survey, 90.9% of international students surveyed in UCD reported that they were satisfied overall with the level of support they received in UCD.
• The University currently has over 30,000 students enrolled and is Ireland's leader in graduate education. 25% of all postgraduate students in Ireland study in UCD. 28% of all doctoral students in Ireland are located in UCD.
• Last year 87% of UCD graduates used their education to move into employment or graduate study.
• UCD has a safe, modern campus that offers extensive accommodation options with 24 hour security.
• The University has a 25% international staff and 160,000+ alumni around the world.
• Located in Ireland’s capital city, Dublin, UCD has a number of notable alumni including James Joyce and five of the country's eleven Prime Ministers.
• UCD has a spacious, self-contained campus with a medical center, banks, a travel office, bookstore, bicycle shop, sports center and restaurant facilities.
• More than 100 campus clubs that are a huge part of UCD's social life.
• An active Student Union that sponsors sports matches, films, concerts, parties and other social events.
• First-rate academic and athletic facilities.
• Cultural program of events for all international students.
Global Excellence Scholarship (100%)
All successful applicants to eligible full time programs are invited to apply to our prestigious Global Excellence Scholarship. The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD and aims to attract excellent candidates. Early application is encouraged.
Global Excellence Scholarship (50%)
Applicants with the following statuses (‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’ or ‘Conditional Accept’ status) on their application are automatically considered for partial tuition scholarships by our admissions and scholarship committee. Decisions are made based on your submitted application materials.
V.V. Giri Scholarship
All successful applicants to eligible full time programs are invited to apply to our prestigious V.V. Giri Scholarship. The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD and aims to attract excellent candidates. Early application is encouraged.
University College Dublin is ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education rankings.
• • The university was established in 1854 by John Henry Newman whose classic work The Idea of a University is a source of inspiration for UCD’s current educational philosophy.
• Today UCD is Ireland’s largest university with over 30,000 students.
• It is the most popular destination for Irish school-leavers and actively promotes university life as a journey of academic and personal discovery through its highly innovative and flexible UCD Horizons undergraduate curriculum.
• 25% of all postgraduate students in Ireland study in UCD.
• 28% of all doctoral students in Ireland are located in UCD.
• UCD is Ireland's most popular University for international students with more than 5,000 international students. Currently, students from 127 countries are enrolled.
• 30% of international students in Ireland study in UCD.
• UCD is the national leader in research funding, attracting quality investment that has helped the university to establish a reputation as a world-class destination for leading researchers. The university has established four major interdisciplinary research themes that match Ireland’s needs and current global challenges.
• UCD keeps an external focus, seeking to lead and shape agendas through alliances and partnerships with its peers, nationally and internationally.
• UCD is located on a beautiful leafy 133-hectare campus close to Dublin’s city centre, which provides a mix of academic facilities, research institutes, libraries and archival collections, enterprise space, student villages, and sports and recreational facilities.
• UCD has a number of notable alumni including James Joyce and five of the country's eleven Prime Ministers.
Fees vary from course to course and can range from 11,885 -18,000 Euro annually.
Cost of Living
It is recommended that international students will need around 1,000 euro per month to cover accommodation and living costs, excluding their tuition fees.
Ranking of Universities
World University Rankings 2018 : 201-250
QS World University Ranking 2018 : 168
World Ranking : 266
Country Rank : 2
World University Rankings 2018 : 201-250
QS World University Ranking 2018 : 168
World Ranking : 266
Country Rank : 2
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland