You have not selected any Course!
Applied Social Studies helps you create change for others by
developing yourself. On this course, students learn how to..
Tution Fees: €12,500.00
By allowing students to explore and analyse social issues
and social change at community, local and national level, the..
The programme combines theory with hands-on experience and
practical skills. Students experience the variety of the ear..
This is a comprehensive academic programme covering all
aspects of sport and sport science plus finance, marketing, man..
Perfect for problem solvers, this course offers a
comprehensive grounding in the key aspects of business, producing an
Designed to meet the needs of both learners seeking a
high-powered career in financial or business management and of em..
If you like games, technology and business, here’s where
you’ll learn the skills needed to bridge the gap between busin..
Anyone who likes business but is also extrovert and
adventurous, with an interest in communicating and engaging with ot..
If you enjoy building things, like to figure out how they
work and want to be able to use your background in Computer E..
Tution Fees: €14,500.00
Mechatronics is the synergistic integration of precision
mechanical engineering, control theory, computer science and e..
Tution Fees: €14,000.00
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the new connected
world, that is fast expanding, based on synergistic integra..
“When it comes to data breaches, it's not a question of IF,
but WHEN”The statistics tell a shocking and sobering story ..
The Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown (ITB), established in 1999, is (as of 2016), the last-founded Institute of Technology in Ireland. It is located within the Business & Technology Park on Blanchardstown Road North, about 15 km from Dublin City and close to the N3 (Navan Road).
It is a state-sector college, which is funded directly by the Irish government. ITB has excellent facilities and provides a wide range of courses, which lead to internationally recognised awards. Education opportunities at ITB cover a broad spectrum – languages, business, sports management and coaching, computing, creative digital media, engineering, horticulture and social studies. ITB offers a caring environment with personal access to its highly qualified staff.
ITB is dedicated to introduce students to the latest in technology and providing them with a hands-on experience that will be essential for whatever career path they choose. Among ITB’s campus facilities are lecture theatres equipped with full audio-visual suites perfect for digital media. Hi-tech computer labs and language labs with the latest audio-based language learning software.
What all courses have in common is that they all aim to produce graduates to meet the human resource requirements of leading-edge, high-technology industries. If you're looking to take the next step in your education and to meet the challenges and opportunities it brings, and opportunities it brings, then we think you'll find what you're looking for at ITB.
Instruction for all courses at ITB is normally through English (excluding any language modules) and applicants who do not have Irish School Leaving Certificate English must provide evidence of equivalent competence through achievement of a minimum standard in the English Language Tests.
Undergraduate Programmes (Level 6,7,8) 5.5
Postgraduate Programmes (Level 9) 6.0
Your English Language Test certificate must be awarded within two years of the start date of your ITB programme.
Academic Entry Requirements
Some programmes may have additional entry requirements which you should check under relevant programme details.
ITB has no on-campus accommodation but has leased high-quality apartments in the Blanchardstown Shopping centre and nearby locations. You can either walk (35 mins) or cycle to ITB from these apartments.
ITB shuttle bus runs directly from the shopping centre and a nearby rail station (Coolmine Station) to ITB several times a day - this bus can currently be paid for as part of the overall Dublin transport tickets.
Students are required to register with the utility provider ( gas & electricity ) and organise their own WiFi internet. The rental costs per room are approx. €600 per month plus utilities (approx. €60 per month per person). These costs are indicative and may change.
ITB also has an accommodation listing containing information on available private accommodation in the surrounding area of the Institute.
Students attending ITB tend to reside in and around the campus in areas such as Mulhuddart, Tyrrelstown, Castleknock, Clonsilla, Hollystown, Coolmine, Huntstown and Blanchardstown itself.
ITB does not accept any responsibility for the quality or suitability of accommodation listed. It is solely the responsibility of students to satisfy themselves as to the quality and suitability of the accommodation offered.
Why International students choose to study at ITB?
• Established in 1999, The Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown (ITB) is the last-founded Institute of Technology in Ireland.
• It is located within the Business & Technology Park on Blanchardstown Road North, about 15 km from Dublin City.
• The area’s strategic location in relation to the national road network as well as its close proximity to both Dublin airport and the city centre has made it an area of choice for established and developing industries such as IBM, PayPal, Xerox, Creative Labs, Symantec, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Astellas Ireland and Helsinn Chemicals.
• ITB has provided a highly regarded third level education resource in the area with critical links to local business.
• As one of the newest Higher Education Institutions in Ireland, ITB has excellent facilities and provides a wide range of courses.
• The Institute provides full-time and part-time higher education courses in Applied Social Studies, Business, Computing, Digital Media, Engineering, Horticulture, Languages, Social and Community Development, Sports Management and Early Childhood Care & Education at higher certificate, ordinary degree, honours degree and Master's Degree levels.
• All courses are accredited by ITB with authority delegated by Quality and Qualifications Ireland and are recognised internationally.
• ITB ensures relevance to industry and society within all its courses, research and innovation.
• It offers a caring environment with personal access to its highly qualified staff.
• The Institute has a unique tailor made orientation and welcome programme which helps students to integrate into student life at ITB.
• The International office at ITB is dedicated to supporting international students during their time at ITB.
• The ITB campus has car parking facilities and is served by a number of bus routes.
Please contact us for details.
The Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown (ITB) was established in 1999 and is the last-founded Institute of Technology in Ireland.
• It is a state-sector college funded directly by the Irish government.
• The Institute is located within the Business & Technology Park on Blanchardstown Road North, about 15 km from Dublin City.
• Blanchardstown is an industrial and commercial hub with large concentrations of retail, pharmaceutical, IT, distribution and service companies as well as impressive retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theatre and other leisure facilities.
• The Blanchardstown Centre, Ireland’s largest retail centre, continues to expand and attract further retail development into the area, while ITB has provided a highly regarded third level education resource in the area with critical links to local business.
• ITB provides full-time and part-time higher education courses in Applied Social Studies, Business, Computing, Digital Media, Engineering, Horticulture, Languages, Social and Community Development, Sports Management and Early Childhood Care & Education at higher certificate, ordinary degree, honours degree and Master's Degree levels.
• ITB offers a caring environment with personal access to highly qualified staff.
• The Institute has a unique tailor made orientation and welcome programme to help students integrate into student life at ITB.
Non-EU students will not normally qualify for free tuition; they have to pay the non-EU fee which is €12,500 per annum.
Cost of Living
Non - European Nationals attending full-time programmes must pay the tuition fees plus €120 for their medical insurance. Postgraduate Tuition Fees - up to €13,000 per year Undergraduate Tuition Fees - up to €12,000 per year
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 7832
Country Rank : 26
World Ranking : 7832
Country Rank : 26
Blanchardstown Road, North Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland