You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
The Bachelor of Business Studies in International Hotel Management (BBS) prepares students for a career in business mana..
Tution Fees: €13,500
The Bachelor of Commerce Degree allows students to study international hotel management while providing them with the op..
The M.Sc. in Business and Hospitality is designed for those with hospitality/business qualifications or experience who w..
Tution Fees: €14,250
Shannon College of Hotel Management was founded in 1951 and today is one of the world’s leading hotel schools.
A College of NUI Galway In August 2015, Shannon College of Hotel Management became a College of the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway). The college campus remains in Shannon but all students are registered as students of NUI Galway and all future degrees will be awarded by the University. The new status firmly places Shannon College in the mainstream university system.
The ethos of the Shannon College can be described as the inculcation of exceptional standards of professional presentation, courtesy, attitude and discipline. This ethos actively prepares students for the hotel workplace by promoting customer care, attention to detail, full attendance, adherence to a professional dress code, courtesy, the meeting of deadlines, leadership roles and posts of responsibility and team work.
Shannon College is a member of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (International CHRIE), the global advocate of hospitality and tourism education for schools, colleges and universities.
With over 100 hotel partners across 16 countries, students have internship opportunities with prestigious hotel companies including Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Jumeirah International and Hilton. Undergraduate students undertake nearly two years of paid, professional internships. Shannon College organises and supervises these internships and has a 100% placement record since 1951.
As a student of Shannon College, you can expect professional practical training, to receive two professional internships and to graduate with a business degree from the National University of Ireland, all of which will equip you to run the operations of hotels and also to manage the business of hotels.
UG: A minimum IELTS band level 6.0 or equivalent.
PG: IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent if applicable.
Minimum Academic Requirements
Students must present certified and translated copies of satisfactory high school results.
Students must pass an entrance interview. Interviews are conducted by representatives visiting our country or through video conferencing (skype).
Candidates for the MSc in Business and Hospitality will normally hold, or expect to hold before the programme commences, an undergraduate degree, usually a second class honours or equivalent in a related area.
Candidates will also have to pass an entrance interview as part of the admissions process for the MSc.
All Year 1 students are allocated a place in college organised student housing located in Castle Gardens at Bunratty Village. Three students share each house which comprises three en-suite bedrooms, living/dining room, kitchen and garden. Bunratty Village is located approximately 8 km from Shannon College and the College organises a bus to transfer students to class each morning.
Why do International students choose to study at Shannon College of Hotel Management?
• Shannon College of Hotel Management, founded in 1951, is one of the world’s leading hotel schools today.
• It is a recognised college of the National University of Ireland (NUI) and the qualifications awarded are recognised worldwide by international hotel companies, foreign governments, overseas universities and international hospitality organisations.
• Practical Training: The essence of hotel management education at Shannon College is balancing business and management education with a thorough grounding in all practical aspects of the hotel industry.
• Business Acumen: Students receive a strong business management education which ensures that the graduates are capable of not just running hotels, but also of managing the business of hotels.
• Students undertake two work placements during the four year programme. Students are placed in hotels in France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium, the UK or Ireland.
• Over 100 hotel partners in 16 countries worldwide.
• 100% employment on graduation day.
• Graduates are also recognised by the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), the International Hotel and Restaurant Association and the Irish Hospitality Institute.
• Shannon College is a member of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (International CHRIE).
• As well as the two degree programmes (BBS in International Hotel Management and BComm with NUI Diploma in International Hotel Management), the college offers an English language programme.
• International students have a dedicated student welfare officer and daily access to accommodation and work placement services.
Please contact us for available scholarship offers.
Shannon College of Hotel Management was founded in 1951 by Dr. Brendan O' Regan and is based in Shannon Airport, County Clare.
• It is a recognised college of the National University of Ireland (NUI) and the qualifications awarded are recognised worldwide.
• Shannon College degrees are the only hotel management degrees awarded by the NUI.
• The degrees are Level 8 degrees (on the National Framework of Qualifications) and the aim of the programmes is to equip graduates to reach the position of hotel manager or similar management positions within the international hotel industry.
• Undergraduate degree includes two paid internships.
• Work placement is a significant part of their Hotel Management Degree course.
• The College is in a process where it is being integrated into NUI Galway, while this process was first mooted in 1991 it has been commenced since 2004.
• Students of the BComm (and NUI Diploma in International Hotel Management) spend three years at the Shannon College of Hotel Management and the fourth year at NUI Galway.
• Since 2010, graduates of the BBS degree programme are entitled to exemptions for ACCA accountancy exams.
Fees for the course range around 13,500 - 14,250 Euro annually. Additional expenses may vary.
Cost of Living
The estimated cost of living for students in Ireland is estimated at approximately €800 - €1,000 per month, however this might change depending on your lifestyle.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 13335
Country Rank : 35
World Ranking : 13335
Country Rank : 35
Shannon International Airport, Co. Clare, Ireland