You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
Are you good at maths, interested in coding, and keen to
study people as well as equations? Do you like the idea of usi..
Tution Fees: €15,850
This programme is designed to provide students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key trends and change..
Tution Fees: €14,750
The BA (Children's Studies) is an interdisciplinary degree designed to equip students with a theoretical and practical u..
Tution Fees: €12,750
How is your life shaped by digital technologies? How can new technologies be used creatively? How can they be used to he..
The BA degree in Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies is an exciting 4 year denominated programme developed for studen..
With platform convergence, and a dissolving of the walls between information and entertainment media, Med..
The core focus of the programme is the development of students’ creative and critical skills, positioning graduates to b..
This innovative and highly flexible Languages degree
allows you to study two languages, with the possibility of taking ..
History is about the study and interpretation of past events
and their significance for understanding ourselves and our..
Studying a modern language to degree level involves spending
a period, normally an academic year, in a country or regio..
This is a highly flexible programme, offering you a wide range of two-subject combinations to degree level. In addition ..
The BA in Mathematics and Education is a four-year, fulltime
honours degree programme which incorporates a teacher trai..
This course offers a BA in Music and one other subject. It
allows students to develop an understanding of the history, ..
Tution Fees: €16,400
Psychology is the study of behaviour and mental processes,
and includes individual and social, human and animal, normal..
This is a new course which allows you to combine the study of mathematics with computer science and post-primary teachin..
This programme draws on the expertise from a wide range
of areas including the Creative Arts, Law, Health Promotion, Li..
The BA with Creative Writing provides a unique
opportunity for undergraduates with an aptitude and passion for literary..
Film and visual culture are powerful and influential
forces in our society. The BA with Film Studies at NUI Galway offe..
Human Rights encompass a theoretical, philosophical,
practical and legal system which advocates the position that indiv..
Building on longstanding commitment to Journalism
education at the postgraduate level, NUI Galway is now introduc..
This programme introduces students to dramatic
literature, theatre history and practical theatre, including acting. The..
The programme provides students with a mix of large
lectures and smaller group tutorials where they can ask further que..
The B Comm (Accounting) degree at NUI Galway combines a
broad-based business education with the advantage of a speciali..
The Bachelor of Commerce
(Global Experience) degree is a new four-year comprehensive business course, where s..
The National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway) is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland. It is a tertiary-level educational institution located in Galway, Ireland
With over 17,000 students and more than 2,200 staff, NUI Galway has a distinguished reputation for teaching and research excellence in the fields of arts, social science, and Celtic studies; business, public policy and law; engineering and informatics; medicine, nursing and health sciences; and science.
NUI Galway offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and diplomas of international standard, which provide students with opportunities for personal and academic development, as well as giving them the knowledge and skills they need to pursue successful careers.
The University's approach to innovative programme development means that courses are developed to reflect the ever-changing needs of the job market and the economy.
NUI Galway’s reputation for teaching and research excellence is reflected in its performance in various University League Tables. The University’s commitment to excellence in teaching and research attracts high-calibre students from all over the world. More than 2,000 international students from over 90 countries, choose to study there.
NUI Galway is a research-led University with internationally recognised expertise in selected priority areas. Research at NUI Galway is forward-thinking and global in scale. Today the University is leading the field in a wide range of areas including stem cell and gene therapy research, human rights law, environmental change, and developing the next generation of internet technology.
Since the University opened the doors of the Quadrangle in 1845, the campus has been constantly evolving to accommodate ever-increasing numbers of students. Today, the main campus has over 90 buildings on 105 hectares of land situated on the banks of the River Corrib.
There are many unique aspects to NUI Galway, from the welcoming, supportive atmosphere on campus to the ability to develop innovative courses to meet the needs of the job market.
Innovative new courses are continually developed to respond to the needs of students and the job market. Many of these programmes are unique to NUI Galway and reflect the University’s expertise in selected areas.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any component ) 6.5 overall
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any component) 6.5 overall
Medicine (No less than 6.5 in any component) 6.5 overall
BSc in Speech and Language Therapy (No less than 6.5 in any component) 7 overall
Language test must be taken no more than two years prior to the commencement of your programme at the University.
Please check individual programme pages to see whether the entry requirements are a 2:2 or 2:1.
Foundation Programme Standard XII 58% GPA
Standard XII/Class XII from CBSE, CISC 65% GPA Minimum Grade Required/Degree2:2 Equivalent
75% GPA Very Good/2:1 Equivalent
85% GPA Excellent/1st Equivalent
Bachelor Degree 55% GPA (52% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Minimum Grade Required/Degree2:2Equivalent
65% GPA (62% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Very Good/2:1 Equivalent
75% GPA (70% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Excellent/1st Equivalent
Research Master’s degrees usually last a minimum of two years and involve working on a research project under faculty supervision and the submission of a thesis.
Entry to a Research Master’s is open usually to applicants holding an honours level Bachelor degree or an equivalent international qualification.
PhD (NFQ Level 10) PhD degree programmes involve carrying out research under faculty supervision, usually for a period of four years, and the submission of a thesis. Structured PhD programmes also include a significant amount of professional and general skills training in addition to research.
Students coming to study at NUI Galway have two main options available to choose from – they can stay in an official NUI Galway Student Residence or rent a room (single or shared) in a private house or apartment.
Student Residence is the most popular option for undergraduate students, especially those coming to Galway for the first time. With the exception of Corrib Village, the NUI Galway student residences are located off campus.
Residences vary by size, with smaller residences such as Donegan Court (54 students), Atlantis (80 students) and Menlo Park (140 students) and larger residences such as Cúirt na Coiribe (389 students), Dúnáras (409 students) and Gort na Coiribe (657 students).
There are also two smaller residences which provide full board accommodation, Ros Geal University Residence and Gort Ard University Residence.
The NUI Galway student residences for example generally comprise self-catered apartment units.
Applications for housing are made separately to the relevant student residence.
Private Rented Accommodation
Students who have not booked accommodation in a Student Residence are advised to arrive in Galway at least a week prior to the start of term to look for accommodation in the private rented sector.
Private rented accommodation particularly suits more mature students, particularly graduate students and those who have already met and know other flatmates willing to share the house/apartment.
There is a wide range of properties available to students in Galway, which are advertised throughout the year, but particularly in August. The two most popular websites used are www.findahome.ie and www.daft.ie as well as the local newspaper, the Galway Advertiser, which publishes a weekly accommodation supplement.
While Galway is a relatively compact city, areas such as the City Centre, Newcastle, Lower Salthill and Shantalla are usually the preferred option for students who want to be close to the campus but also within walking or cycling distance from the city centre.
The staff of the Accommodation Office at NUI Galway, help students find appropriate accommodation in the student residences, apartments or shared private houses. They can also assist if problems arise with property owners.
Why do International students choose to study at NUI Galway?
• A University with a distinguished reputation for teaching excellence that spans more than 160 years.
• A wide range of programmes on offer. Furthermore, NUI Galway offers innovative new programmes that continually develop. The University responds to the needs and demands of the job market.
• In addition to the full range of courses the University offers a range of unique programmes only available at NUI Galway.
• NUI Galway is consistently one of the top Irish universities for employability. 98.5% of its graduates, have found employment or have gone on to further study within six months of graduating.
• The University’s Career Development Centre offers advice on career planning, CV writing, interviews and organising work placements both in Ireland and abroad.
• There are over 40 active sports clubs and 83 societies at NUI Galway. NUI Galway’s outstanding sports facilities include a state-of-the-art Sports Centre.
• The University is constantly developing its campus to enhance the students’ learning environment. At present it is in the middle of a €400 million capital investment programme.
• Award-winning courses: NUI Galway had a record EIGHT courses shortlisted for the Irish Postgraduate Course of the Year Awards 2013. The University won in three of the five major categories: best Business course, best Engineering course, and best Science course.
The University had FOUR courses shortlisted for these Awards in 2014, and yet again took home the award for best Business course.
• NUI Galway’s research is global in scale, with internationally-recognised expertise developed in selected priority areas.
• At postgraduate level, students will experience smaller class sizes giving them the chance to participate fully in a postgraduate community.
• The Library provides rich resources for graduate study and research, housing many special collections and over 350 archives unique to NUI Galway.
• Many of the University’s taught courses lets students select modules, and build their own customised curriculum.
• NUI Galway is ranked third of the Irish universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. This places the University in the top 2% of universities in the world.
• NUI Galway is one of only two Irish universities to receive the prestigious five-star rating for excellence from QS.
• NUI Galway is home to the world’s largest internet technology research institute.
• The University is Ireland’s primary centre for stem cell and gene therapy research.
• It is home to the Republic of Ireland’s first UNESCO Chair, in Children, Youth and Civic Engagement.
• NUI Galway is Ireland’s leading university for civic engagement and its ALIVE volunteering programme enables students to make a meaningful contribution to the local and international community.
• Located in the beautiful city of Galway, widely regarded as the cultural capital of Ireland, and surrounded by Ireland’s most beautiful countryside, including the Burren, Connemara and the Aran Islands, where one can experience the Ireland of rugged countryside, castles, lakes and rivers.
Every year, NUI Galway awarded students from India a diverse range of scholarships.
1. Sir Peter Freyer Special Merit Scholarship (Value: €13,750) in the area of Science, Bioinnovation, and ICT
Two Freyer Scholarships, comprising a full fee waiver (value: €13,750), are available. These scholarships are aimed at academic programmes in science, bioinnovation, and ICT. Applications for the scholarship are welcomed from Indian students seeking to enter one of the selected taught Master’s programmes at NUI Galway.
2. Max Arthur Macauliffe Special Merit Scholarship (Valued: €13,750 - €13,250) aimed at programmes in all areas of the NUI Galway curriculum
Three Macauliffe Scholarships, comprising a full fee waiver (value: €13,750 - €13,250), are available. These scholarships are aimed at academic programmes in all areas of the NUI Galway curriculum. Applications for the scholarship are welcomed from Indian students seeking to enter one of the selected taught Master’s programmes at NUI Galway.
3. Postgraduate Merit Scholarship (Value: €2,000 to €2,750)
Postgraduate Merit Scholarships, comprising a partial fee waiver (value: €2,000 to €2,750), are available. These scholarships are aimed at postgraduate programmes in all areas of the NUI Galway curriculum.
4. Undergraduate Merit Scholarship (Value: €2,000 to €2,750)
Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, comprising a partial fee waiver (value: €2,000 to €2,750), are available. These scholarships are aimed at undergraduate programmes in all areas of the NUI Galway curriculum (excluding undergraduate medicine).
NUI Galway offers innovative new programmes that continually develop. The University responds to the needs and demands of the job market.
• NUI Galway is consistently one of the top Irish universities for employability. 98.5% of its graduates have found employment or have gone on to further study within six months of graduating.
The University had FOUR courses shortlisted for these Awards in 2014, and this year again took home the award for best Business course.
Fees range around 12,750 to 23,750 Euro annually and it depends on the course.
Cost of Living
Precisely how much you will need will vary depending on where you are studying in Ireland, on the type of accommodation you choose and, of course, on your own personal lifestyle. But, on average, we estimate that a student will spend between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 518
Country Rank : 4
World Ranking : 518
Country Rank : 4
National University of Ireland Galway, University Road, Galway, Ireland H91 TK33