You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
The aim of the Creative Media & Design programme is to meet the demand for graduates with both visual and interactiv..
Tution Fees: €10,250
This programme has been designed in consultation with employers, so its content is relevant to employment in the develop..
This award-winning programme offers you the opportunity to study graphic design and all its related disciplines.They&nbs..
It is the largest specialist ceramics programme in Ireland
boasting superbly equipped facilities covering the full brea..
The dynamic programme is internationally recognised as one of the top 100 fashion programmes worldwide (CEO Magazi..
The Year One Art and Design (Common Entry) programme introduces you to the most current issues in Art and Design. They h..
Tution Fees: €9,750
The programme engages
with the exciting, expressive world of Animation & Motion Design.They focus
This is an exciting entry to the world of fashion and textiles based on costume related fashion and textile design suppo..
Our long established programme provides you with a strong set of intellectual and technical ski..
Fine art lens-based programme recognises the many new possibilities that exist in Photography, Film and Video and our pr..
This is an exciting and dynamic programme with national and international printmaking partners. Etching, woodcutting, sm..
Sculpture and Combined Media is a vibrant, fresh, professional and experimental programme that equips you with a strong ..
Community Sports Development is the promotion of sports activities within communities. Sports Development Officers typic..
This programme emphasises the personal and professional
development required to work in this challenging field. Social ..
Become an expert in Information Systems Development, Data Analytics and Web Development. Build business IT solution..
Put simply, business really matters in the current challenging global economy. The role of business is to enable commerc..
The aim of this four-year Business with Enterprise & Innovation programme is to develop in the graduate entrepreneur..
This programme will provide students with a full education in both law and taxation and present the many interrelationsh..
This four year ab-initio programme has been designed primarily to prepare students for employment at executive level in ..
The Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Accounting & Finance (Level 8) ab initio is a four year degree programme. It i..
This programme will provide students with a deep knowledge of key business disciplines such as management, marketing and..
This is the first programme of its kind in the Mid-West Region. Modern businesses demand an increasingly high quality en..
This programme is designed to provide higher level Civil Engineering Technicians to the construction industry and covers..
This programme is ideal if you want to build an Electronics Engineering career in Design, Manufacturing, Servicing, Mark..
Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) is an institute of higher education in Limerick, and one of 14 institutes that are members of the Institutes of Technology, Ireland (IOTI).
Located on the banks of the River Shannon, Ireland's largest river and 15 minutes from Shannon International Airport, Limerick is Ireland's third largest city and the capital of the mid-west region.
LIT, twice named ‘Sunday Times University Guide’ Institute of the Year, is home to over 6,500 students across five vibrant campuses in Limerick City, Thurles, Clonmel and Ennis. A further new campus is being developed at Coonagh in Limerick to cater for LIT’s rapidly expanding student population and will become a centre of excellence in Engineering education.
LIT is among the most vibrant and connected institutions in Ireland. When you look around existing 5 campuses, you will see a very broad diversity of programmes and people exploring new ideas, pursuing new knowledge, creating new art, and filling workshops, studios and labs with the vitality that comes from being an institution that is committed to discovery, creativity and teaching excellence.
The programmes are developed in partnership with industry, professional bodies and the community to give you the best possible employment and academic outcomes. This is part of its connectedness, part of the reason why students, graduates and employers consistently give them high scores for the quality of their programmes, which have an excellent employability record.
LIT is a popular choice for international students and its community of international students is growing considerably. This is due to LIT’s philosophy of active learning, which combines the best academic teaching with practical, hands-on learning activities at the leading edge of industry demands in engineering, science, technologies and business. It offers greater personal attention from teachers and staff than many other third level institutions. Their welcoming, friendly, and multicultural campus community enables you to expand your network of friends and professional contacts globally, whatever your field of studies.
LIT graduates have been successful in every field of endeavour, from business to the sciences, technology, public service, engineering, hospitality and tourism, fashion and the arts. Be part of that heritage, create your own success. Your journey can start here.
First Year Entry: Minimum IELTS Score of 5.5
Advanced Entry (Years 2, 3 or 4): Minimum IELTS Score of 6.0
POSTGRADUATE ENTRY: Minimum IELTS score of 6.0
You must meet the Institute’s general requirements and the specific requirements of the programme
Higher Certificate (Level 6) programmes
You must have 5 O6/H7 grades or higher at Ordinary level in five Leaving Certificate subjects. Two of these subjects must include: *Mathematics and a Language (English or Irish). In practice, entry levels are significantly above the minimum and points are calculated from the six best subjects from one sitting, which for Level 7 programmes must be greater than 140 points.
Bachelor Degree (Level 7) programmes
You must have 5 O6/H7 grades or higher at Ordinary level in five Leaving Certificate subjects. Two of these subjects must include: *Mathematics and a Language (English or Irish). In practice, entry levels are significantly above the minimum and points are calculated from the six best subjects from one sitting.
Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) programmes
You must have 2 H5 grades or higher in two Higher level subjects, together with 4 O6/H7 grades or higher in four other Ordinary level subjects in Leaving Certificate subjects. Two of these subjects must include: *Mathematics and a Language (English or Irish). In practice, entry levels are significantly above the minimum and points are calculated from the six best subjects from one sitting.
A Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8)
An accommodation service is operated by the Institute on a referral basis. The accommodation service is available from mid-August onwards.
Always ask the International Office for advice on where is best to stay for you. Each year a list of established host families and other accommodation providers is compiled by the International office. This is shared with international students coming to the Thurles and Clonmel campuses Students organise their accommodation with the help of the list and are, themselves, responsible for arranging terms and conditions. Prospective students are advised to contact the Accommodation Office as early as possible.
Accommodation in Thurles & Clonmel
A range of accommodation is available in both Thurles and Clonmel, from apartments and houses to ‘digs’ where a student boards with a local family. Thurles town has one purpose-built Student Villages, which have been developed by local companies.
Accommodation listings are also published in the local newspapers each week.
There are number of points that should be borne in mind when renting accommodation. Landlords and tenants have certain rights and duties. Any tenancy agreement you make with your landlord is valid in law whether orally or written. Written agreements are of benefit to both sides.
LIT recommends Cratloe Wood Student Village as their preferred supplier of accommodation for International Students at the Moylish campus.
Grove Island Student Village is a popular choice for students of LSAD however it books out very early each year.
Cratloe Wood Student Village is also a suitable option for students of LSAD as a bus serves outside of the village to the centre of Limerick city, a short walk from the Clare St. Campus.
Why do International students choose to study at LIT?
• LIT has a warm, welcoming, multicultural campus environment.
• It has internationally recognised qualifications ranging from Higher Certificate to PhD.
• Its main working language is English with hands-on programmes which prepare students for the real-world.
• Unique Programmes that combine like-minded topics to give one the most of his/her qualification, including: Marketing & Management, Video & Sound Technology, Pharmaceutical & Forensic Analysis, Accounting & Finance, Multimedia Programming & Design, and more.
• LIT’s programmes have been created in partnership with industry, professional bodies and the community to meet today’s national and international employment needs and with the current and future economy in mind.
• A wide-range of student support services, including career services, on-campus health services, free extra tuition in Maths and IT, Fitness Centre, On-Campus Banking, etc.
• A dynamic, forward looking city, Limerick offers cultural, social and sporting opportunities not easily matched elsewhere.
• National & international work placements, including NASA, Microsoft, Intel, and Kentz Engineering.
• Accommodation available within walking distance to the Institute.
LIT Academic Scholarships
A number of academic scholarships are available for students who have displayed a track record of Academic Excellence.
Minimum requirements to apply for an Academic Scholarship:
• An IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent to all applicants
• Country specific grade requirements (e.g. B Credit grade average)
Scholarship Awards will be decided by LIT using verified documentary evidence submitted with online applications.
Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) is the fourth largest Institute of Technology in Ireland, with more than 6000 full time and part time students and 500 staff.
• Located on the banks of the River Shannon, Ireland's largest river and 15 minutes from Shannon International Airport, Limerick is Ireland's third largest city and the capital of the mid-west region.
• Limerick Institute of Technology has five campuses and a learning centre across Limerick city, Tipperary and Clare. The main campus is located at Moylish Park, with two city centre campuses in Clare Street and Georges Quay in Limerick city. The LIT Tipperary School is based in the two Tipperary Campuses, in Thurles and Clonmel. The LIT Ennis Learning Centre is based in the museum in Ennis town centre.
• LIT offers a wide range of programmes that combine like-minded topics to give one the most of his/her qualification, including: Marketing & Management, Video & Sound Technology, Pharmaceutical & Forensic Analysis, Accounting & Finance, Multimedia Programming & Design, and more.
• Its campuses in Limerick as well as Tipperary have some of the most up-to-date facilities and the Institute is renowned for success both academically and in the sporting arena.
• The term “Active Learning” is used to describe its educational philosophy. Active learning is hands-on learning; not just learning the theory, but experiencing the practical side of one’s chosen field.
• LIT was awarded the Sunday Times Institute of Technology of the Year in 2008 and 2013 by the Sunday Times University Guide.
€9,750 per year to €12,750 per year depending on the level.
Cost of Living
Naturally, the cost of living varies from student to student, but as a general guideline a student would need between €600 and €800 per month. This includes rent, insurance, food, bills, leisure etc.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 5277
Country Rank : 20
World Ranking : 5277
Country Rank : 20
Limerick Institute of Technology , Moylish Park, Limerick Ireland