You have not selected any Course!
Course Compare (0)
This is a full-time four-year programme. It is designed to
offer students a wide experience of materials, processes, an..
Tution Fees: €10,500
This course offers one of the fastest routes to achieving a
professional accounting qualification. After three years yo..
This is a programme that has adistinctive vision with a
focus on re–imagining our existing built environment, the exper..
Everything around us has been designed by someone. Some
things are designed and work better than others. Innovative des..
The early years and experiences of a child’s life are
fundamentally important for them in the here and now and can help..
We have developed this course in consultation with arts
practitioners in Ireland and abroad. It has the support of nati..
Social Care Practice is emerging as a key professional field
for those who wish to work actively in the areas of social..
This innovative new programme focuses on developing writing
skills over the course of three years. The students embark ..
This course is for you if you are a creative problem-solver
and interested in becoming a designer. The world we live in..
This course is a full-time three year programme, successful
candidates graduate with a Level 7 Degree. After graduating..
Interior Architecture and Design is a creative and
progressive discipline which explores new and exciting ways to creat..
IT Sligo is delighted to announce the launch of this new
three year acting course. With skills classes, masterclasses f..
This course has been devloped in consultation with arts
practitioners in Ireland and abroad. It has the support o..
This programme allows students to develop knowledge and
expertise in the popular areas of English and Psychology. By st..
The course lets you examine our society, its structure, its
organisations, and ask questions around the complexities of..
User Experience (or Digital Product Design) is the process of designing digital products that are useful, easy to use, a..
The aim of this programme is to produce graduates with a
blend of business-related knowledge and skills. They pro..
This course is designed to ensure you have the capabilities
and skills for the current dynamic and challenging business..
This programme is designed to appeal to those who have a
real interest in the world of International Business and Marke..
The early Semesters of this Degree Programme (1-4) offer you
a thorough grounding in Business and Marketing subjects wh..
This course offers you the opportunity of studying engineering in a general way for a year before specialising in an are..
Use of polymers for a variety of engineering, medical-device, pharmaceutical, and general consumer applications continue..
Tution Fees: €0
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Construction Project Management and Applied TechnologyA Level 8 B.Sc. (Hons) in Constructi..
The BSc in Computer Networks and Cloud Infrastructure will provide the learner with the skills, knowledge, and competenc..
Institute of Technology Sligo (ITS) is a state-funded third-level educational institution situated in the town of Sligo, Ireland. The Institute has three Schools and nine Departments.
Its courses are relevant to the modern employment marketplace and IT Sligo provides a broad range of programmes from undergraduate to postgraduate level along with a number of apprenticeship programmes.
IT Sligo is the place where you can realise your ambitions. It offers a quality of student life and affordability which is unrivalled in most other university and college urban centres. It is the place to help you get ahead in the world of work with an industry placement.It strives to produce graduates who are innovative, confident and capable of leading the development of the region and beyond.
Situated along the Wild Atlantic Way, it is perfectly placed to offer a range of cultural, outdoor and sporting activities which complement the learning experience for the students. Sligo is also one of a select number of urban centres across Ireland to receive Purple Flag status. This prestigious international designation means that the town centre has been recognised as an area of excellence in creating a safe and well-managed evening and night time environment.
With top class sporting facilities and a modern learning environment, IT Sligo is a great place to study and to make new friends. Its sporting facilities include a floodlit running track and playing pitches, an all-weather 3G AstroTurf facility and a gymnasium and multipurpose sports centre.
Helping the students to succeed academically is, of course, a priority, but they also want to add an extra dimension to that learning experience by fostering a culture of entrepreneurship in their students.
The required minimum proficiency score in English IELTS required for entry to IT Sligo is:
The English language test must be taken within two years from the date of application.
HIGHER CERTIFICATE/LEVEL 6 AND ORDINARY DEGREE/LEVEL 7
Five grade O6/H7. Leaving Certificate subjects must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
HONOURS DEGREE/LEVEL 8
Four grade O6/H7 and two grade H5. Leaving Certificate subjects must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
We require a minimum of 160 points for all Level 8 courses.
Some courses do not require Mathematics as an entry requirement, while others have certain exemptions. An F2 or above in Foundation Mathematics is acceptable as meeting the Mathematics requirement for certain courses.
A Level 8 Honours Degree (2.2) or equivalent professional qualification
All applicants will apply directly through to the registrar’s office of Sligo Institute of Technology. The admissions office will assess all degrees obtained in another country using the guidelines supplied by the National Qualifications Authority.
Non-Standard Applicants may be called for interview and must present a portfolio demonstrating technical ability and relevant industry experience. A request for supplementary information will be made including certified transcripts of previous results. Places may be awarded based on this supplementary information.
The student accommodation around IT Sligo is owned and managed privately. The Institute is not responsible for any agreements reached between tenants and landlords.
It is strongly recommended that students book their accommodation well in advance and contact the landlords/agents directly for information and booking details.
The Student Accommodation list is compiled by the Students’ Union from applications received from local landlords/agents who offer Purpose Built accommodation, Self Catering accommodation and Digs to Students at the Institute.
Self-Catering Accommodation can also be found through advertisements in the local newspapers:
In total there are over 2,000 beds available in The Gateway Apartments, Ard Nua Village, The Village Clarion Road, The Grove, Yeats Village, Milligan Place and the Lake Isle Accommodation.
There are also a number of popular areas off campus for students to reside, including Mulberry Park, Rathbraughan, Cartron, The Mall and Clarion Village.
Why do International students choose to study at IT Sligo?
• Institute of Technology, Sligo has three schools: Business and Social Sciences; Engineering and Design; and Science, and offers a wide variety of internationally-recognised degree and postgraduate courses.
• The courses are specifically designed to meet the skills required by employers, including work placements, internships and engagement with industry.
• its partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
• All courses provide a passport to the workplace.
• Professional accreditation for certain awards.
• IT Sligo is the national leader in Online Learning. The Institute won a Digital Media Award in 2011 for its innovations in e-learning.
• Classes are small and student-centred.
• Friendly staff providing a supportive learning environment.
• Top class sports and recreational facilities including a fully equipped gym, multi-purpose sports hall and an international standard athletic track. Outdoors the Institute offers football clubs, water-sports and mountaineering. Sports scholarships are also available.
• IT Sligo has a vibrant and diverse international student community with more than 36 different nationalities represented on campus.
• Excellent Student Support Services on campus: Chaplaincy (irrespective of creed), Health, Counselling, Access Officer, Learning Support Tutor, Careers Officer, Administrative Support and Students Union.
• Spectacular location in the west of Ireland in the safe and friendly town of Sligo, which has a population of 18,000 people.
• high-quality accommodation within a five-minute walk from the campus.
Plese, contact us for scholarships available.
Institute of Technology, Sligo is a state funded third-level educational institution situated on a 70 acre parkland location in the town of Sligo, Ireland.
• IT Sligo has three schools: Business and Social Sciences; Engineering and Design; and Science, and offers a wide variety of internationally-recognised degree and postgraduate courses.
• Its courses, ranging from Higher Certificate, Bachelor, Taught Masters to Doctorate Level, are relevant to the modern employment marketplace and IT Sligo also provides a number of apprenticeship programmes.
• Qualifications are awarded by IT Sligo and the Higher Education and Training Award Council (HETAC).
• For its partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
• Courses specifically designed to meet the skills required by employers, including work placements, internships and engagement with industry.
• It has a friendly staff providing a supportive learning environment.
• Top class sports and recreational facilities including a fully equipped gym, multi-purpose sports hall and an international standard athletic track. Outdoors the Institute offers football clubs, water-sports and mountaineering. Sports scholarships are available.
• The Institute is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and it received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
• The President is Professor Terri Scott, who took up her post in 2008.
Higher Certificate, Ordinary Degree and Honours Degree – €10,500 per annum. This includes the Institute’s Student Contribution fee.: Postgraduate fees are €11,500 per annum.
Cost of Living
Precisely how much you will need will vary depending on where you are studying in Ireland, on the type of accommodation you choose and, of course, on your own personal lifestyle. But, on average, we estimate that a student will spend between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.
Ranking of Universities
World Ranking : 3791
Country Rank : 13
World Ranking : 3791
Country Rank : 13
IT Sligo, International Office, Ash Lane, Sligo, Ireland