POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING (CONVERSION)
- Tution Fees : €12,000.00
- Application Fees : €0.00
- University : Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
- Course Duration : 1 Year
- Academic Course Level : Level 9
- Location : Galway
- Scholarship : Please fill the inquiry form
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
Applicants must have completed their secondary school (High School) education to a standard comparable to the Irish Leaving Certificate (European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 4)
Honours bachelor degree in the cognate discipline. GPA 3.2+
Undergraduate: 5.5 (min 5 in each component)
Postgraduate (Taught and Research): 6 (in each component)
- Other examinations and qualifications may be considered on a case by case basis.
- All results must have been achieved within 2 years of application to GMIT.
- GMIT reserves the right to change the above minimum requirements at any time and without notice.
- Applicants should note that the above grades are a minimum entry requirement.
- GMIT is renowned for teaching the practical, academic and language skills essential for workers in today's global economy.
- It has internationally accredited courses - from Higher Certificate to Doctorate.
- It is a Government funded institution having a strong academic reputation.
- The Institute has a supportive and friendly staff.
- The Institute endeavors to ensure that graduates have a comprehensive understanding of relevant disciplines, professional knowledge and meet the learning outcomes appropriate to their awards.
- All courses provide a passport to the workplace.
- The Institute is involved in a range of research activities involving high-level collaborations with other higher education centres, as well as industry.
- The historic city of Galway is a safe and friendly region, with worldwide tourism reputation.
- The Student Support Services at GMIT are excellent.
- The Student Health Unit caters for the health needs of all students and provides emergency first aid and cover for the institute.
- Confidential counselling services are also available on all campuses.
- Other services available to students include a full-time careers service, pastoral care of students needs, and a parent/baby support group.
- The International Students’ Society gives students of different nationalities the opportunity to meet each other and socialize with Irish students.
- The Chaplain at GMIT offers comfort, counsel and encouragement to students. GMIT’s Chaplains hail from different religions and belief systems
|Academic Requirement: 55% in Graduation IELTS Requirement- 6.0 overall with no bands less than 5.5|
|The MA in Creative Practice is a 12-month 90 credit course. There are three mandatory taught modules: Themes and Issues in Creative Practice (10 credits) Professional Development (10 credits) Research and Innovation (10 credits) Students undertaking the MA will also undertake either a 60-credit ‘Research Project’, or two 30 credit modules, ‘Creative Practice Project’ and ‘Minor Thesis’ The Research Project or Creative Practice Project is initiated by a project proposal which will be guided and developed to completion by the end of the course. In the case of the 60-credit Research Project module; first, a practice-based element is undertaken where the student focuses on developing their art, film, digital media or socially engaged practice to completion. The second element seeks to critically contextualize their practice through the written form, taking into consideration the wider social and cultural fields in which their practice will perform. The two elements can overlap to greater or lesser extent depending on the project and the individual requirements. This structure has allowed the separation and offering of the Creative Practice Project module, followed by the Minor Thesis module. These two 30-credit modules largely mirror the overlapping elements structure of the 60-credit module, however they can also be taken independently. This flexibility also allows the opportunity of an exit from the MA programme with a 60-credit Post-Graduate Diploma.|
|Targeted areas of employment for graduates of this programme lie within the extensive range of creative networks and cultural infrastructure of the city, region and beyond. Employment includes: Self-employed artists Socially engaged and public art projects Arts administration Curation Film makers Technicians Designers Within education, opportunities exist for advanced research at level 10 and beyond as well as opportunities in second and third level teaching, lecturing and art education programmes in museum and cultural institutions. The sector thrives on innovation, initiative and ambition. The MA in Creative Practice fosters such ambition through a strategically informed practical project-based environment.|
Have A Question For This Course?
There are no questions for this course.
This MA is distinctive in that:It is focused on Social PracticeIt is delivered through theory and practiceIt is open to .....
Tution Fees: €11,250.00