Bachelor of Midwifery Science
- Tution Fees : €23,750.00
- Application Fees : €0.00
- University : National University of Ireland Galway
- Course Duration : 4 Years
- Academic Course Level : Level 7
- Location : Galway
- Scholarship : Please fill the inquiry form
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
Please check individual programme pages to see whether the entry requirements are a 2:2 or 2:1.
Foundation Programme Standard XII 58% GPA
Standard XII/Class XII from CBSE, CISC 65% GPA Minimum Grade Required/Degree2:2 Equivalent
75% GPA Very Good/2:1 Equivalent
85% GPA Excellent/1st Equivalent
Bachelor Degree 55% GPA (52% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Minimum Grade Required/Degree2:2Equivalent
65% GPA (62% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Very Good/2:1 Equivalent
75% GPA (70% from Delhi/Mumbai/Pune Universities) Excellent/1st Equivalent
Research Master’s degrees usually last a minimum of two years and involve working on a research project under faculty supervision and the submission of a thesis.
Entry to a Research Master’s is open usually to applicants holding an honours level Bachelor degree or an equivalent international qualification.
PhD (NFQ Level 10) PhD degree programmes involve carrying out research under faculty supervision, usually for a period of four years, and the submission of a thesis. Structured PhD programmes also include a significant amount of professional and general skills training in addition to research.
Arts/Business/Law (No less than 5.5 in any component ) 6.5 overall
Science/Engineering (No less than 5.5 in any component) 6.5 overall
Medicine (No less than 6.5 in any component) 6.5 overall
BSc in Speech and Language Therapy (No less than 6.5 in any component) 7 overall
Language test must be taken no more than two years prior to the commencement of your programme at the University.
Why do International students choose to study at NUI Galway?
• A University with a distinguished reputation for teaching excellence that spans more than 160 years.
• A wide range of programmes on offer. Furthermore, NUI Galway offers innovative new programmes that continually develop. The University responds to the needs and demands of the job market.
• In addition to the full range of courses the University offers a range of unique programmes only available at NUI Galway.
• NUI Galway is consistently one of the top Irish universities for employability. 98.5% of its graduates, have found employment or have gone on to further study within six months of graduating.
• The University’s Career Development Centre offers advice on career planning, CV writing, interviews and organising work placements both in Ireland and abroad.
• There are over 40 active sports clubs and 83 societies at NUI Galway. NUI Galway’s outstanding sports facilities include a state-of-the-art Sports Centre.
• The University is constantly developing its campus to enhance the students’ learning environment. At present it is in the middle of a €400 million capital investment programme.
• Award-winning courses: NUI Galway had a record EIGHT courses shortlisted for the Irish Postgraduate Course of the Year Awards 2013. The University won in three of the five major categories: best Business course, best Engineering course, and best Science course.
The University had FOUR courses shortlisted for these Awards in 2014, and yet again took home the award for best Business course.
• NUI Galway’s research is global in scale, with internationally-recognised expertise developed in selected priority areas.
• At postgraduate level, students will experience smaller class sizes giving them the chance to participate fully in a postgraduate community.
• The Library provides rich resources for graduate study and research, housing many special collections and over 350 archives unique to NUI Galway.
• Many of the University’s taught courses lets students select modules, and build their own customised curriculum.
• NUI Galway is ranked third of the Irish universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. This places the University in the top 2% of universities in the world.
• NUI Galway is one of only two Irish universities to receive the prestigious five-star rating for excellence from QS.
• NUI Galway is home to the world’s largest internet technology research institute.
• The University is Ireland’s primary centre for stem cell and gene therapy research.
• It is home to the Republic of Ireland’s first UNESCO Chair, in Children, Youth and Civic Engagement.
• NUI Galway is Ireland’s leading university for civic engagement and its ALIVE volunteering programme enables students to make a meaningful contribution to the local and international community.
• Located in the beautiful city of Galway, widely regarded as the cultural capital of Ireland, and surrounded by Ireland’s most beautiful countryside, including the Burren, Connemara and the Aran Islands, where one can experience the Ireland of rugged countryside, castles, lakes and rivers.
|First Class in Class 12th with IELTS of 6.0 or the overseas equivalent.|
There are many career opportunities for midwives both in Ireland and abroad, including in the hospital and community settings.
Clinical placements are undertaken in the HSE West: in University Hospital Galway, Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar, and Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe. Placements also take place in community and mental healthcare settings in the HSE West area. While on clinical placements, students will be supervised by a midwife who has been specially prepared to guide and direct student learning and act as a preceptor to the student. Students who are required to travel to distant placements may apply to the HSE West for support in meeting travel and accommodation costs.