Bachelor of Cell & Molecular Biology
- Tution Fees : €24,800.00
- Application Fees : €0.00
- University : University College Dublin
- Course Duration : 4 Years
- Academic Course Level : Level 8
- Location : Dublin
- Scholarship : Please fill the inquiry form
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Radiography, Physiotherapy, Health & Performance Science, Sport & Exercise Management, Psychology, Actuarial & Financial Studies, Quantitative Business: Business Analytics, Economics & Finance
Applications will be considered on a case by case basis
In addition to Standard XII Average 95%, one year of a Bachelor degree programme (Average 60%) is normally required
Engineering & Architecture, Human Nutrition, Veterinary Nursing, Biomedical, Health & Life Sciences , Business, Law & Commerce
Commerce (Average 85%) and Engineering (Average 80%) will consider applications on a case by case basis
Science, Computer Science, Agricultural Science, Animal Science – Equine, Dairy Business, Food Science, Economics, English, Film, History, International Languages, Social Science
BA Degree, English with Drama, Music, Planning Geography & Environment, Forestry, Horticulture & Agri-environmental Sciences
Average is calculated on best 5 recognised subjects
In addition, please note that the equivalences shown are the minimum required to be eligible for consideration on a competitive basis. Entry requirements are reviewed on an annual basis.
Certain subjects may have additional requirements . For instance mathematics . Please refer university website for details.
Holders of Bachelors and Masters Degrees with good grades from competitive and well ranked universities and colleges can be considered for entry to graduate degrees at UCD.
Taught Masters – Academic Entry Requirements
The normal requirement for entry to a taught Master’s Degree programme is a second class honours degree in a relevant subject.
Research Masters - Academic Entry Requirements
The normal requirement for entry to a Research Master’s Degree programme is a second class honours degree in a relevant subject. In addition course work and examinations may also be specified by the College at entry; normally these have to be satisfactorily completed in the first year of a Master’s degree programme.
Please refer to the relevant School or programme for more specific information on entry requirements for your chosen programme.
PhD Programmes - Academic Entry Requirements
To be eligible to enter one of UCD’s PhD programmes, a candidate must have reached a high honours standard at the examination for the primary degree. In some cases, a Master’s degree may also be required. In certain cases, a candidate may be able to provide other evidence to the School in order to satisfy the entry requirements of the programme.
It is recommended that applicants interested in research at Masters and PhD level should, in the first place, read the information available on the UCD website.
Secondly, applicants should review the website of the relevant School and College to ensure they are fully informed about the research objectives of the academic course concerned. Prior to submitting an application it is essential that candidates make contact with potential supervisors.
English Language Requirements
Teaching in Irish Universities is normally through the medium of English, therefore all applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language. Applicants must provide evidence of equivalent competence in English language through a recognised English language test, as outlined below.
• Your English language certificate must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree course.
INDIA Standard XII
• English 80%
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
• An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
Some courses require a higher level of English language competency. Please check with the relevant UCD School.
University College Dublin is ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide.
• Established in 1854, the University has over 160 years of tradition.
• A research-intensive institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching.
• UCD is Ireland's most popular University for international students with more than 5,000 international students (30% of international students in Ireland study in UCD). Currently, students from 127 countries are enrolled.
• The International Student Barometer Survey, 90.9% of international students surveyed in UCD reported that they were satisfied overall with the level of support they received in UCD.
• The University currently has over 30,000 students enrolled and is Ireland's leader in graduate education. 25% of all postgraduate students in Ireland study in UCD. 28% of all doctoral students in Ireland are located in UCD.
• Last year 87% of UCD graduates used their education to move into employment or graduate study.
• UCD has a safe, modern campus that offers extensive accommodation options with 24 hour security.
• The University has a 25% international staff and 160,000+ alumni around the world.
• Located in Ireland’s capital city, Dublin, UCD has a number of notable alumni including James Joyce and five of the country's eleven Prime Ministers.
• UCD has a spacious, self-contained campus with a medical center, banks, a travel office, bookstore, bicycle shop, sports center and restaurant facilities.
• More than 100 campus clubs that are a huge part of UCD's social life.
• An active Student Union that sponsors sports matches, films, concerts, parties and other social events.
• First-rate academic and athletic facilities.
• Cultural program of events for all international students.
|70% and above in class 12th with IELTS of 6.0 with no bands less than 5.5.|
Graduates in Cell and Molecular Biology can find employment in:
Graduates can also pursue MSc programmes in Imaging and Microscopy, Biotechnology, or Biotechnology with Business or apply for PhD programmes in cell signalling, membrane biology or genetics, in Ireland and abroad.
Have A Question For This Course?
There are no questions for this course.
Discoveries in genetics and cell biology are opening up a new era of understanding, both of ourselves and of the world a.....
Tution Fees: €15,000.00