BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONOURS) IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Tution Fees : €9,950.00
- Application Fees : €0.00
- University : Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
- Course Duration : 4 Years
- Academic Course Level : Level 8
- Location : Galway - Dublin Road
- Scholarship : Please fill the inquiry form
- General Entry Requirement
- English Requirement
- Time Line
- Reviews (0)
- Ask A Question (0)
Applicants must have completed their secondary school (High School) education to a standard comparable to the Irish Leaving Certificate (European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 4)
Honours bachelor degree in the cognate discipline. GPA 3.2+
Undergraduate: 5.5 (min 5 in each component)
Postgraduate (Taught and Research): 6 (in each component)
- Other examinations and qualifications may be considered on a case by case basis.
- All results must have been achieved within 2 years of application to GMIT.
- GMIT reserves the right to change the above minimum requirements at any time and without notice.
- Applicants should note that the above grades are a minimum entry requirement.
- GMIT is renowned for teaching the practical, academic and language skills essential for workers in today's global economy.
- It has internationally accredited courses - from Higher Certificate to Doctorate.
- It is a Government funded institution having a strong academic reputation.
- The Institute has a supportive and friendly staff.
- The Institute endeavors to ensure that graduates have a comprehensive understanding of relevant disciplines, professional knowledge and meet the learning outcomes appropriate to their awards.
- All courses provide a passport to the workplace.
- The Institute is involved in a range of research activities involving high-level collaborations with other higher education centres, as well as industry.
- The historic city of Galway is a safe and friendly region, with worldwide tourism reputation.
- The Student Support Services at GMIT are excellent.
- The Student Health Unit caters for the health needs of all students and provides emergency first aid and cover for the institute.
- Confidential counselling services are also available on all campuses.
- Other services available to students include a full-time careers service, pastoral care of students needs, and a parent/baby support group.
- The International Students’ Society gives students of different nationalities the opportunity to meet each other and socialize with Irish students.
- The Chaplain at GMIT offers comfort, counsel and encouragement to students. GMIT’s Chaplains hail from different religions and belief systems
|60% and above in class 12. IELTS 6.0, no band less than 5.5 or the overseas equivalent.|
The programme will develop further the graduate’s skill in core civil engineering areas such as structures, geotechnical engineering, project management and environmental engineering. Written and oral communication will form a significant component of this course. The programme builds on the practically-based civil engineering skills developed in the Ordinary degree programme and will allow them to be employable, adaptable and flexible in their future careers in the civil engineering profession. The course aims to produce the next generation of civil engineers, fully equipped to meet the needs of industry and the wider local, national and global community. The focus of the Level 8 programme is sustainable construction using integrated civil engineering technologies and in particular the use of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
|The graduates will possess the technical and managerial skills necessary to enter careers in planning, design, construction, operation or maintenance of the built environment and global infrastructure.|
Have A Question For This Course?
There are no questions for this course.
Civil engineering deals with the built environment and encompasses much of what defines modern civilization. Buildings .....
Tution Fees: €10,250.00